Weight loss programs
Weight loss programs FREE for anyone
Beneath the weight is a free local community that uses discussion to help find why we stress eat, overeat, or make poor eating choices.
Fire Fighter Nutrition Program through the IAFF (Free)
· Recipe guides
· sugar-free challenge guides
· healthy habits challenge guides
· fire fighter nutrition guides
· eating healthy
· the importance of staying hydrated
· tips and tricks for better portion control
· how to set goals
· quick tips for adding healthy whole foods
· 30- day real food challenge guide.
Tips for losing weight (Free)
This is an article by firemen for firemen on how to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle.
· Determine your motivation – Why are you making this change?
· Small changes and simple actions- Start with small obtainable goals like drinking more water, Start with ½ to 1 ounce per pound of body weight. (A benefit of this is that your brain is constantly receiving signals and the signal for hunger and thirst are almost identical) or removing processed sugar from your diet (eat clean foods such as fruits, vegetables, grains, oats or animal meats) or stop eating 2 to 3 hours before you got to sleep or substitute whole grains.
· Meal prep – make meals ahead of time so they can be easily heated up later, this helps with not grabbing a meal that isn’t healthy for you, instead opting for the healthy option already planned previously.
· Professional guidance – Sometimes more help is needed, nutritionists, health coach, or a personal trainer can help you lose the right weight properly and can also help you get over the hump.
· Support systems – family and coworkers are crucial to success. Tell them your plan and ask them to help keep you accountable.
Link to article:
Firefighter Bodyweight Workout to Boost Metabolism and Performance (Free)
Here is a link to workouts that help boost metabolism, performance and help you lose weight.
Firefighter based workout and weight loss programs (does have a fee)
Here is a link to firefighter based workout and weight loss programs